LIGHT PAINTING MASTERCLASS KANGAROO ISLAND
LIGHT PAINTING MASTERCLASS KANGAROO ISLAND
THURSDAY OCT 5TH - SATURDAY OCT 7TH, 2017
IMPORTANT: If after reading through these details you have any questions at all, please feel free to email Denis directly using the contact tab on this website. Denis will happily answer any questions you may have and if needed will phone you to discuss..
Kangaroo Island sits off the coast of South Australia. An island bristling with stunning landscapes and beautiful wildlife. Denis has spent many nights exploring the island's varied coastline and landscapes, and now wants to share his love of this special place with you. This Tour is limited to 12 participants.
Working closely with Sealink, Denis has created 3 days of touring and photography that will leave you as addicted to the island as he is. This tour is suitable for a complete beginner to photography or a seasoned pro.
For more details regarding this Masterclass Tour, content and accommodation options see below...
This will be 2 nights you will never forget!
Included in price:
- 2 Full time "instructors" (Denis Smith and Ben Woods)
- 2 nights accomodation
- Breakfast, lunch, dinners
- Return transfers from Adelaide Central to Ferry
- Ferry and island transport
- National park fees
- Access to Seal Bay and Sandboarding at Little Sahara
- Dudley Wines farewell lunch and wine tasting
- Huge Array of Light Painting Tools
- Light Painting Theory Session
- Landscape and timelapse Session
- Post Processing session
- 2 epic light painting locations
- Various daytime photography locations
*If you would like to secure your place today we have the option to pay a deposit now and the outstanding amount one month prior to the tour. Please use the following code in the cart to activate the deposit option:
Prior to the workshop, you will receive an email containing all of the relevant information, i.e. what to bring, pick up location, Q&A etc.
You will meet Denis in central Adelaide, a short taxi ride from the airport and train station. Our coach leaves the station and takes us to Cape Jervis where we board the Sealink ferry. This trip will be a great chance for Denis to brief you on the days ahead and get to know everyone on board.
Once on the Island we will meet our tour guide and board the bus heading off to one of the idyllic Kangaroo Island beaches for our first bit of photography and lunch. On the way to our accommodation, the Vivonne Bay Lodge, we will stop at Seal Bay. This is a great stop and will give us the chance to get close to these amazing animals.
- Once settled in at the lodge we will get into some light painting theory, and set up our camera gear ready for action.
- After a BBQ dinner we will head across to Vivonne Bay for our first night of light painting!
- This morning gives you the chance to head out for a walk to Vivonne Bay or just relax around the lodge. We will have breakfast and a bit of timelapse theory before heading off to Little Sahara for some Sandboarding, then off to the northern beaches of the island. This will be another great opportunity to capture some of the beautiful landscapes these spots offer. We will lunch at the beaches.
- Dinner will be at the Flinders Chase Visitor Centre, then off to The Remarkable Rocks!
- For me this is the highlight of the trip. The Remarkable Rocks will provide us with the most stunning subject to create with. We will once again have a full array of light painting tools for your use and it is rare not to get a stunning sunset photography opportunity here.
- This will be a late night, but one you will never forget.
- This morning we will have a comprehensive Post Production session. I will share with you my tips and tricks on preparing images for both print and web. Feel free to bring along your own laptop if you like.
- Once packed up, we will head off on a bit of an adventure. A few stops, ending at Dudley Wines for a lunch, then heading back to the ferry, and a comfortable coach back to Adelaide.
WHAT TO BRING
Once you have booked a place on the tour you will receive a comprehensive document outlining what to bring and how to prepare, but here is a snapshot.
- Camera with manual capabilities
- A remote to lock open shutter, preferably an intervalometer
- Sturdy tripod
- Dark clothing
Denis has visited the Vivonne Bay Lodge site and is excited that it fits our needs perfectly. A balance of comfort, space. location and value. There are a few sleeping options once we arrive at the site, but as you can see below we will be comfortable.
There are 4 private rooms at the lodge. These are situated at the main compound and use the nearby bathroom and shower facilites, these are just outside the door. There is no ensuite. These rooms are perfect for couples, or travelling friends.
VIVONNE BAY HOLIDAY HOUSE
Located on the property is the Vivonne Bay Holiday house.The house sleeps 6 people and we will utilise this, along with the private rooms at the lodge for our accomodation.