LIGHT PAINTING MASTERCLASS FLINDERS RANGES
LIGHT PAINTING MASTERCLASS FLINDERS RANGES
The Flinders Ranges is where my photography journey really started. It became a haven for me. It such a stunning location to learn the mixing of light painting and landscape photography. It has always been a dream to take a group into this ancient landscape and share my knowledge.
This 2 night light painting masterclass will take your photography and light painting to a whole new level.
I was asked to create a weekend in the Flinders where people could make their own way to the location and even arrange their own accommodation. Here it is. We have also worked closely with the amazing team at the Prairie Hotel to put together a special accommodation and food package for those wanting a bit more luxury.
For more details regarding the masterclass content and accommodation options see below...
This will be 2 nights you will never forget!
*If you would like to secure your place today we have the option to pay a deposit now and the outstanding amount one month prior to the workshop. Please use the following code in the cart to activate the deposit option:
Prior to the workshop, you will receive an email containing all of the relevant information, i.e. what to bring, parking, location, Q&A etc.
Arrive at the Prairie Hotel around lunch time for the start of our theory session. Here we will take a deep dive into light painting theory. We will discuss the camera settings we will use in the field, the light painting tools we will use and prepare for the night ahead. As this is a masterclass, this session will be quite in-depth, however a beginner will certainly not be left behind. You will get your camera out and prepare it for the night.
- We will have dinner before heading out into the Parachilna Gorge to one of my favorite spots (see images in gallery). The wide river bed is lined by beautiful huge gums. We will set up a base here with an extensive array of light painting tools. Tonight is all about getting used to the environment and the camera. The moon will already be high as the sun goes down giving us bright stunning images.
- We will finish late and head back to our accommodation for a good nights sleep.
- In the morning we will have a fully cooked breakfast (for those at the PrairieHotel) and then meet in our conference room for a session on post processing our light painting images. I will take a selection of the images we captured and show you how I process my images. We will also look at a wide array of images from different locations and how to deal with those. This session will not only show you post processing of light painting images, but will be super helpful across all of your post processing.
- The afternoon will be the opportunity for you to rest up and prepare for the night ahead.
- Tonight we are heading to a very special location. This spot is about revealing the massive landscape we are in. The Flinders Ranges is a mind bending location and we are going to bring it to life. You will see how the moon can bring the landscape alive, in all its glory.
- This morning we will meet again at the Prairie Hotel for our final session. We will look at social media, how to get your images looking best for each platform, and how to get your images seen (if that is what you want). This will also serve as a wrap up, and we will cover any aspects of the weekend that need clarification. You will have a bunch of questions and I will be full of answers.
- After lunch we can head back to our respective locations and head home.
Booking the workshop only option allows you to arrange your own accommodation, whether at the Prairie Hotel or at other nearby locations. You simply meet us at a designated time at the Prairie Hotel for the scheduled events and presentations. You WILL NOT miss any component of the workshop.
TWIN SHARE / SINGLE OPTIONS
In conjunction with the team at the Prairie Hotel we have put together 2 great accommodation and meal packages. You will make great savings on the deluxe accommodation and meals at the hotel facility. There is a twin share option or single occupancy option. We have worked hard to make this a great and viable option and includes:
- 2 nights deluxe accommodation
- 2 x dinners
- 2 x fully cooked breakfasts
- 2 x packed lunches to go